Monday, July 7, 2014

Earthbound Part 26: Magi-I-Can't-Even

 OK nobody else seems concerned that we are in a magic realm in our mind where we can somehow access real world things. It's fine. Everything is fine.
 MOOSE made a shop in his made. A shop that demands real money. MOOSE is secretly an asshole.
 Also my inventory is super full but I think I can drop somethings off.
 I give her the erasers.
 The pudding restores PP. The Pendant is good but not as good as the one we currently own.
 As such I buy one and also give it to Tracy so I can equip it on someone later.
 OK. Everything is fine. Let's just talk to the nice people.
 OK?
 HE VANISHED AND THE PALLET CHANGED. I WANT OFF THE RIDE.
 If it has a face you can talk to it.
 I'm starting to feel mildly threatened.
 WHYYYY IS HE IN MY HEAD.
 Holy shit MOOSE is adorable.
 Sorry kid, we got a world to save.
 But first loot.
 Candy!
 BWOOOOOOMMM.
 Well there are better ways than deranged vegetable land my heart could've told me shit.
 I'm the Wind Fish?
 Look at all the kids we can talk to.
Sorry Picky I don't know what you want me to do it's not like Pokey is right here.
 WHY IS THE TWATWAFFLE IN OUR MIND
 Aww MOOSE tries to think of the good in Pokey. ... Pokey is still a twatwaffle.
 That's fine game. I wasn't using those heartstrings.
 MOOSE's brain is full of Blaziken.
 Sweet more hits!
 Oh hey it's that guy.
 I'm level 73. Can't be much more ready.
 Only if I game over.

 Thanks for making it extra trippy.

 Meet the most common enemy I ran into. His thing?
 Summoning other things. He was kind and brought me a little bundle of EXP.
 Offense went up by 2! Defense went up by 1! IQ went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 1! Maximum PP went up by 2!
 This place is pretty straight forward but the branches are always worth checking.
 Full inventories mean doing stupid things.
 Our new stats are looking good.
 Down there is another branch and us. I thought I had screens of the conversation but they're gone. That us will give us the baseball cap that we had a the beginning of the game. It does nothing. It is not an upgrade. Ditch it. The box next to him is a bag of dragonite. We like dragonite.
 This enemy is a bitch.
 Because of that.
 WOULD LIKE TO GO 20 FEET WITHOUT BATTLING PLEASE THANK YOU.
 I have to say I do dig the design of this place.
 Hail our mighty bat!

 These guys like to cast PSI but usually fail.
 Unfortunately for them I don't want to spend anymore time on this bullshit.
 Offense went up by 1! Speed went up by 1! IQ went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 3! Maximum PP went up by 5!
 THE DALEKS ARE SUPERIOR TO ALL.
 This heals PP. My inventory is full of pudding though so it can stay here.
 Bubberfly!
 The new guy likes to throw bombs. It's a dick.
 Seen here: Enough enemies to make frames drop.
 Seen here: Bullshit.
 Oh baby! Offense went up by 6! Defense went up by 2! Speed went up by 2! Guts went up by 2! Vitality went up by 2! IQ went up by 1! Luck went up by 2! Sweet Maximum HP went up by 24! Maximum PP went up by 5!
 Smart people would go back and grab that magic tart.
 I am not smart people.
 Why do I have to be in the water?
 AAAAAA
 WHYYYYY
 Maximum HP went up by 1!
 The land around us is a tease.
 Wait what.
 YOU DICKBAG
 Alright why are you back.
 But first brain food lunch om nom nom.
 Oh so you believe MOOSE can't kill you?
 How about dragons!?
 It did nothing.
 Dragon round 2!
 That's a good hit!
 It did nothing. Again.
 And then I smacked his face.
 THAT WAS EASIER THAN SOME SANCTUARY BOSSES.
 That's a big number.
 Maximum HP went up by 1!
 I'm listening.
 But he and his followers are also in trouble. The Apple of Enlightenment has foretold that Giygas' attempt will fail.

 MOOSE's Speed increased by 5! MOOSE's Vitality increased by 5! MOOSE was filled with the Power of the Lilliput Steps! MOOSE's Guts increased by 5! MOOSE's Luck increased by 5! MOOSE was filled with the Power of the Milky Well! MOOSE's Speed increased by 5! MOOSE's IQ increased by 5! MOOSE was filled with the Power of the Magnet Hill! MOOSE's Vitality increased by 5! MOOSE's Luck increased by 5! MOOSE was filled with the Power of the Rainy Circle! MOOSE's Guts increased by 5! MOOSE's IQ increased by 5! MOOSE was filled with the Power of the Pink Cloud! MOOSE's Speed increased by 5! MOOSE's Guts increased by 5! MOOSE was filled with the Power of the Lumine Hole. MOOSE's Luck increased by 5! MOOSE's IQ increased by 5! MOOSE was filled with the Power of the Fire Spring! MOOSE's Speed increased by 5! MOOSE's Luck increased by 5!
 Offense went up by 2! Guts went up by 1! Vitality went up by 1! Luck went up by 1! 
 Oh hey guys. We went into Magicant and then got INCREDIBLY OP.
 Yeah I can do that now!
 CUTSCENE SUPER POWER ACTIVATE
 I missed that crazy font.
 Fix ALL the things!
 Inventory management: the game!
 And INKY is winrar!
 Hey guys!
 Not pictured: Tiny sniffles from TESLA.
 POOOKEEEEY

 Well let's get this show on the road!
 Owww my everything.
 You knew this and you LET ME GET FRIED!? How is that ethical!
 Oh shit the plot's coming full circle.
 Shhhh let me pretend.
 If my family is dead, I blame you.
 Oh Mr Saturn I can never be mad when you're around.
 And here we are back in the shop.
 The other stuff you can pass on but the Piggy Jelly.
 OM NOM NOM
 Also Horns of Life!
 Hey Mom, is Onett a hellhole?
 Oh I guess Dr Andonuts overreacted.
 Well way-hey away we go.
 ...Mom lied...
 Bubberfly!
 OK where the hell is everything?
 FOUND IT.
 This is all three new enemies. The Octobot you don't have to worry about so much. He tries to steal shit and usually fails. The evil eye can cast Brainshock which can be a major pain.
 And the starmen are asshole supreme.
 Owww.
 Mom, I have booboos and you lied to me. I'm 9 years old and saving the world I have enough shit on my plate.
 I'm working on it
 Always!
 Dammit Booze didn't magically revive my friends.
 There we go, everyone is sufficiently sauced.
 NOPE.AVI
 That's the effects of Brainshock. Anyway, Oh, baby! Offense went up by 3! Defense went up by 2! Guts went up by 2! IQ went up by 2! Luck went up by 2! Maximum HP went up by 1! That rocks! Maximum PP went up by 20!
 Hey someone not MOOSE gained a level. Offense went up by 1! Guts went up by 1! IQ went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 2! Maximum PP went up by 3!
 5 feet.  I went five feet.
 Offense went up by 2! Defense went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 2! Maximum PP went up by 1!
 This is MOOSE's main job this section.
 Offense went up by 1! Defense went up by 2! Vitality went up by 1! Oh, baby! IQ went up by 4! Luck went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 9!
 Why I hate Brainshock: Exhibit A. Offense went up by 1! Speed went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 1!
 One noodles and two Healing Omegas later.
NO MORE MISS NICE PLAYER
 Yes I would like to advance the plot.
 Spin me right round baby right round
 Here we are.
 Here ya go.
 I hate you. I hate you so much.
 Sure I'll rest.
 But first...
 And then...
Sure Mr Saturn. One more nap for the road.
Next time: Giygas.

No comments:

Post a Comment