Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dungeons of Dredmor: My First Wizardland


I love Dungeons of Dredmor. It was one of the first games I got on Steam and each expansion makes me happy. And Gaslamp has the best patchnotes ever. How much have I played DoD?
Diggles see me in their nightmares. But...
Dredmor doensn't even know who I am. I have made it close to his floor, but never gotten to it. But that doesn't matter. Today I don't even care about Dredmor. I wanna play in Wizardlands!
This here is my preferred difficulty setting. It ain't a roguelike unless we die and stay.


I pick my skills like I listen to my iPod: hit random until I like it. Add my name and gender and...
Start at the bottom of the map. Sort of. Well let's find a door and head through it.

BEE BEE BEE OH GOD BEE
NINJA BEHIND THE BEE WITH DAGGER POWER
sssshhhh.... Great Communist Tactics make us invisible behind the bee. STAB THE FUCKER BWAHAHAH. ... I don't like bees.
And picking the lock gives us a level up. I am okay with this.
Now we can stab better. Yay!
After a couple rather uneventful rooms, we learn the most important thing about DoD: it doesn't like you except when it does. So while getting pants for our poor adventurer would be nice it reduces our Nimbleness and Sneakiness which is rather important for this build.
Well I don't see why not. It's not like this is out in the open and can be tampered with my things that want me dead. Who would be so evil as to put acid in the fountain?
Mm-mm water. Though I am a bit worried that I'm drinking out of the wishing fountain, but a little copper never hurt anyone right?

So not only do we find a room of goodies but we find things I can break and get experience for? It's gonna be a good dungeon.
Huzzah! This magical rainbow graffiti will provide us a good to a Wizardland. We'll go over the process later.
Have an extra large pic of the code for your enjoyment.
I'm sorry, we were boring you while we made sure to right down this interesting string of letters? Fine, let's go back to throwing ourselves at the bee people!
After stabbing another bee person and the screenshot apparently getting eaten by a Diggle, we find another happy fountain. And this fountain was so happy it gives us a present. So another cheap copper ring? A Ring of Ash?
Or a super fancy Emerald Encrusted Gold Ring! That's...suspiciously nice of you.
And unlocking the nearby chest gives a level up. Hooray!
Yay socialized health care giving me more health!
DIE BEES YOU ARE IN THE WAY OF TREASURE. Treasure I can't open. Fuck you too, Uberchest.
Brax. Brax you're in the way of your stuff. Brax. Brax I can't teleport. Brax.
Another extra large Wizardlands code for you!
Oh hey a teleporting potion. That'd be useful for getting around Brax...except to exit plan. This game is mean.
Brax. Brax you did it again. Brax. This isn't a good business plan. I should know I'm a communist banker...wait.
I found an artifact to give to Krong. Thankfully Krong doesn't hold butt-ugly against us and grants a touch of existential damage.
Siegfried is not a very happy diggle. He also is a tad stronger. He still goes down like a chump. Because Siegfried is still a vanilla diggle.
Dananana-dananana-dananana
DA NA NA NA You got a pipe. Uberchest mocks you. Fuck you too, Uberchest
Hello, Mr. Robot. How are you today?
Hey look at that the robot magically became a level up.
And now we can magically make lockpicks. Yay magic.
I don't think the diggles are happy about Siegfried. However, they are still diggles and we are still a ninja.
Huh, good to know. But considering EVERYTHING is trying to kill me I'm curious what constitutes an emergency.
And a third extra large string of letters.
Now let's use one of them.
Walk up to the Nether Portal looking thing and I put in the first one.
A welcoming committee! How thoughtful. Allow me to show my thanks by stabbing you.
That's not a good sign. But at least he left presents.
Oh these chests are fancy. I like it!
This place has levers too! I wonder if this is a trap lever or a goodie lever?
Oh. That's new.
Ok Let's try to handle the Hulk Twins.
Alright maybe now that I'm out of the corner I can be awesome. I mean I'm a NINJA.
A dead dead ninja. Whoopsie.

We'll try this again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment