Monday, November 19, 2012

Lone Survivor Part 4: Skippy Needs A Dunce Cap

Welcome back. Well since the basement is creepy as hell, let's get some nice in our life.

Kitty yay!

And now Chuck is happy too.

Suck it up, Skippy. We're playing Lone Survivor, not Animal Crossing: Silent Hill Edition.

Going back to the basement and turning the corner. We end up in a hallway with many rooms. The first one has some ammo!

And another has a battery. It was further down, behind some new monsters.
How did we handle them? What are they?

 Here he is outside the room. I know its dark, sorry. I didn't want him to find me. These fat monsters A) take a lot of bullets B) won't really notice you until you're close. Which I am. And turning the flashlight on would just get its attention. The white triangle means I paused the game. Yeah, just remembered that button exists.
And here's how we handle them. Flares stun monsters. When these guys get stunned they kinda split in half and become competent killing machines. But you can run past them when they are like this only taking minor damage if they hit you. Also it saves my flashlight battery.

Rounding out the small rooms I get a key item and Skippy's dinner.

 Continuing into the next corridor, we find a better dinner.
 Oh hey, we're right by the generator room, let's just head up and get it started.
 Oh wait I forgot...
Nothing is ever simple. Ever. Not shown on the map because I didn't trigger Skippy's yelling about it, there's a similar hole right below the locked door. Meaning we have to go through the third corridor.

Skippy's complaining reminds me I'll be passing a mirror and should take advantage of that.

Let's pay Box Man a visit, it's been awhile.

 Of course not, Box Man, I have you. And kitty.
 I dunno.
 Maybe?
 Skippy, that's not a good thing.
 It usually is otherwise I get confused.
Box Man are you threatening me? But why? I'm so sorry Box Man whatever I did.

 Following Box Man's suggestion.
 Which hallucinations? Chie and the girl? Or do you think the monsters are hallucinations now?
 OK, the former.
 She told us to piss off. So she must not have been too close. Or your break up was bad.
Skippy, that's called being lonely and surrounded by monsters. There's nothing odd about this.

...oh, fuck...

 Well continuing back. Getting back to the beginning of the basement. I walked back from the mirror....probably should've just taken the stairs.
Anyway to the left is this hall we haven't gone down.

 Oddly, despite heading somewhere important, there's only one monster. In front of this door. Hmm...
Aw dammit. Yeah all the doors in this hallway are locked.

Hooray!

 It's not that bad.
 Everyone's a critic.
 Skippy...you do realize the only thing that wants to help us threatened us over the radio.
 Skippy, you're an idiot.
 Just lie down, the migraine will go away.
 Oh well shit.

 AAA BRIGHT COLORS.
 I don't know...but I like it.
 SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE PRETTY.
 It's kinda nice if this is the afterlife.
 Oh. Hello.
 Skippy, exactly how shit is your memory.

 Wait a minute....
 Skippy, I think that's Drapes Girl.
 Are you taping again? What wrong cutscene.
 Skippy, of all the things you just accept, you don't want to play along with the pretty girl who is being very nice?
 I don't know why but I just love it here. They say this whole town used to be a- Oh dammit I'm doing it again.
 Yeah this is really nice.
 dawww
 So...hide and seek?
 Yeah, that's way better than fixing a generator.
 OH GOD I BROKE THE SPELL.
I'M SORRY LET ME STAY HERE.

 DAMMIT!
 Yes, we're working on that remember? *sigh*
 Wussy.
 I find it fun to pretend Skippy is slapping himself at this point.
Whoa, neat, good fruit.

 Indeed, Skippy is too stupid to use the gas can on his own. I have to do it for him.
 Good because I wasn't about to use the precious stove gas.
 No the fuse board in the generator room fixes your kitchen.
 I'm surprised you didn't zap yourself in the process.
 It does Skippy. Which is good because we were out of options.
 Oh hey look a box and an E turned up in the lower right...in the south tunnel...ooooh fuckberries.

Well hey we have to pass some mirrors on the way by.

Violence Man, we're friends again!

Yeah, that's why it was irradiated. It won't give you super powers, it gives you tasty.

 Well I guess its time.

 Handling the welcome wagon.
 Ohh neat.
 Eat flare!
Skippy, found your dinner.

 Hey what's that door by the elevator.
A mirror room!

With a shortcut back to the beginning. Cool!
One quick nap later...
 Yeah, just remember this way your idea.
 waiting...waiting...waiting...

 BANG!
 Oh dear...
 Oh shit...
 OH FUCK SKIPPY RUN INTO THE DOOR.
 WHY DID YOU RUN LEFT?
 shitshitshitshit
 OH FUCK
It got me....

 RUN RIGHT WAY THIS TIME
HAHA! FUCK YOU I LIVED.

 Ah, the front door.
 Fresh air is good for you.
 Yes because hanging out in the apartment is going so well.
 Apathy will get you nowhere, but whatever.
 Nah, you're way fresher.
 Game over?
 No of course not!
Wait a minute....

I HAD TO DO ALL THAT BECAUSE SKIPPY IS TOO STUPID TO BREAK A LOCK!?
And to top it all off, we're low on food and out of batteries.

 +2 Batteries
 +1 Squid on a Stick.
Skippy said something like this about the blue pills earlier. And yes Skippy, yes you would.


No comments:

Post a Comment