Monday, September 17, 2012

MacGuffin's Curse Part 7: Off the Path

Yes we did. And it was bad.

I've got an achievement!

As much as I like ruining Alphonse, YOU MADE ME RUN AROUND FOR NOTHING!?

Oh. Well I know where to go from here. Wait, Strump was aware of everything I was doing...DAMMIT STRUMP.

But now we get to go on The Longest Side Quest of the Game. Judy needs film.

Well, Harvey has some, this one minus extortion racquet.

The crayon does not open the high tech doors. Now we go through a chain of giving and taking.

This step was fairly simple and thankfully wasn't clear across the map.

 Is it a copy of Crackpot Monthly?
He wants Judy's paper, but apparently not for reading.
Getting the paper gets us more paper.

Hand the book over to our friend and she gives us her name. And remember that's Rena, not Reina.
Our friend can now do advanced fortune telling, that'll lead the way to evidence and other things.

Why would it be straight forward?

To give you these flowers. Because we need to make Lucas look more creepy.

You stole donuts off of bikers? Are you all secretly cyborgs or something?

 See, I remembered how many quests we have.
Simple enough. I can name them off the top of my head: Judy, Granny, Rena, Jane.

Come up with a creative lie for everyone and bam.

John Doe: Professional Grump Butt.
But why?
 The plot thickens. Well Grim stuffed the book in a wardrobe and sold it to Harvey.
Yay blackmail!

 Pretty sure this guy had his donuts stolen, just got them back, and was never any the wiser.
He gives us his lucky chain.
And then gives us another side quest. It's like Christmas, but with more exercise.

After making Harvey squirm, we get the wardrobe and the book.

 Me neither, considering we have evidence of this guy being unstable.
Well at least it's a logical solution.

 They have the bike badge. We need their trust.
I know where that is! A quick teleport and...
I swear these little girls are like a mini mob.
And our reward is files....again.

If the Biggoron's Sword taught me anything it's that no item is a useless item.

And I came out on the better end of that trade.

But I don't wanna talk to Harvey.

Holy crap, Granny broke Harvey. Well now we have our thief kit.

 And now we wander everywhere in search of these.
Yay! This puzzle is straightforward.

...WHYYYY

 Wait...this is working?
 IT'S WORKING!
HAHAHA I WIN.
WHAT THE FUCK. JUST LOOK AT FUCKING HAPPY THIS LOON IS.

Here's another one.

Yay goodies!

 Here's one over in the archives.
Oh boy.

 No. Goddammit metal crate.
GODDAMMIT METAL CRATE

 hehehehehe
 HAHAHAHAHA
Aaaaah, that was delightful.
Ah, here we go.

SERIOUSLY WHY

 And then I hit up a room I apparently forgot to enter. Whoops.
 Yeah there's not much of a puzzle here.
Goodies! I drop the evidence off with Judy and then continue on.

Here's our next door.

 Fairly easy.
Cash is good.

Oh crap.

Well poop.

Crap.

 And now it makes sense.

 What's this new thing?
so use the transformations pads and the box pops open. this one just has goodies!

Hooray this time I snagged a pic of the laser show.

I'm not sure which is worse, the amount of bribery implied in this letter or the fact I haven't seen an identifiable source of pollution in this game.

What's behind Door #2?

 OH GOD NO
Wait my random pushing worked? OK then.

 Wait a minute, "sea of green" hmmm.
Huzzah!
Score another comic scrap!

Strump is awesome.

 Yay!
Also we found a secret passage into the mansion.
Another riddle for us. However, it's the library and the library wasn't that big. Dump the evidence with Judy and on we go.

 I was going to be concerned about destroying books, but then I remember this was probably a mercy to them.
And voila.

Wait, army of steel?
Well damn.
Ah, the last is in the mansion. Well, we'll get that. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment