Monday, October 1, 2012

Hack Slash Loot: Rapid Fire Death

I snagged this neat little roguelike during the Steam Sale. I tried it out twice before this to make sure the screenshots were clean. You can see the results. Surprisingly difficult or do I just suck? Yes.

Here's one of many quests that you could have. Also get used to reading, it keeps an action log that'll help make sense of things as using my hotkeys refused to show items above my head.

We start our little archer in this room. Opening the door we meet a goblin. And then we realize Dex. was our dump stat but it was also his.

 Heading up leads us to some rats. They are cannon fodder.
And meet another goblin. Oh and that thing up there? Skull. Yeah.

The goblin drops a shield. The shield would replace our quiver thus making our important stat go down.

 Lizard, I have no quarrel with you!
Dammit, Lizard!

Thankfully, this corner has a draught for us. Mm-mm insta-health.

New hat acquired!

Aaaah Cultists! Wait Cultists are wimps. Oh these are Goblins. Aaaa Goblins!

Oh that's my altar. And it's a nice one.

For some reason this bodice has better stats than our vest. And our elf feels pretty.

 Look at all the loot we can't use!
Grog why have you betrayed me!

Wait, those look like cages.

Friend! I shall name you Gummy.

Gummy, why!

 This looks like trouble.
And now they get loot from me.

Well that was quick...

Let's do it again!

Raiding the tomb of not-Tutankhamun. What could possibly go wrong!

A small room and a robe we don't want. How did we get in here?

Well that's good, but where is everybody?

Here they are!

 Breaking statue gets us nice armor.
And raiding the tomb gets us a skeleton! Wait...

And gets us fancy chainmail. I feel defended!

A room full of skeletons and a fancy hat! Skeletons are also surprisingly tough.

OK, we're getting to the point of suspiciously nice.

 Ah, there's the other shoe.
Shiny shiny loot.

It's the Blood Room!

Oh we are hurting.

 No, bad zombie!
Does that mean I'm a zombie/skeleton now? Because that may not be a bad gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment