Monday, January 7, 2013

On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 2 Part 1: Off to the Funny Farm

A review of the poem from last time. That's not ominous at all!
Our new grimmer title screen welcomes you to Episode 2.
 Continue a story? Blasphemy!...Of course we want to do this.
 Hey, you look like you've been on some snazzy steampunk-ish adventures when we weren't looking...for a week.
 Why is it free? Did you drug it? Who sent you!?
 uhh, buddy...
 I think you have problems.
 That's a rather horrifying view.
 Tycho!
 Gabe!
 Why do you have a shotgun?
 And where are your brass knuckles?
 Well, I guess you're doing fine without them.
 Floor it!
 What a lovely day.
 And look, we have a house-ish? Why aren't we sleeping on Anne-Claire's floor?
 Pictured: An upset me. Not Pictured: Tent; Truck that just ran over tent.
 Well we apparently had adventures we don't remember.
 Well, sorry, but I think if we've been gone for months and the best we can do is a tent, something weird happened.
 This sounds rather passive aggressive.
 Riiiggght.
 Nah, I help their destruction of other things. We're cool.
 Hey guys!
 Yeah I remember.
 I remember him too.
 The disembodied text is passive-aggressive too.
 Let's get this show on the road.
 Yeah!
 I am anger incarnate! Fear my rage!
 Get ALL the things!
Sure thing guy.
 Anne-Claire: Genius. Problem Solver. Niece. And Hoarder of Goodies.
 Is "hello" not good enough for you?
 better.
 And angry!
 I smell a very long fetch quest.
 Extra-curriculars are good for children Tycho.
 Eh, good enough for me.

 Extremely.
That's not bad.
 What's that?
 And why is Tycho making that face?
 Because this was all to easy and nothing can be easy. Ever.
 Is your floor open?
 Shut up, you're not the homeless one!
 I am the most awkward!
 Anne-Claire seems really really uncomfortable now.
 I guess.
Hey Anne-Claire you know anything about the robot.
 Saying full names just makes you sound pretentious disembodied text.
 With an unfortunate last name.
 I should tell him I have a better name for his robots.
 The murdering, Tycho.
 I don't like those scare quotes.

 Yay!
 Tycho, she's a genius, she'll be fine.
 Curious, but I approve.
And we're off.
To get the engine!
Tease.
 What? I wanna see that flower.
 That's a face.
 Oh yeah, brought a thing.
 I want a crane.
 Which is hopefully good enough.
 Yes it does. Onto the crazy place!
I don't think secrets are supposed to do that.
 Like chickens?
 I can imagine.
 Nothings changed, this is just a good way to check out your new move with the hoe.
And sadly, not the dumbest thing ever said.
The arrow bounces between the targets. In general, the special attacks are more active, and therefore harder to get screenshots of. However, we do have a noticeable flair in our attacks now.
Gabe's is now rapid fire and timed.
Tycho's is now Whack-A-Fruit-Fucker.
Occasionally, you run into bastards like this, who go join a friend instead of fighting you alone. I like to call him "Get back here, dumbshit"
Oh boy, a hoe upgrade!
ANNE-CLAIRE HAS A SPACE GUN HOLY SHIT THAT IS AWESOME
I'm gonna go with yes.
 A) Do I really look that murderous and bloodthirsty B) You sound very bitter. Perfect for this party. Would you like in?
 You shoot gods.
 Very good, Gabe.
 I'll just stop you there.
 I am the embodiment of rage!
 We're gonna be blunt here.
 Yes, your fruit fuckers are humping my leg.
 Nothing is simple. Ever.
I want two titles!
 Oh you two know each other?
 Little avatar, expressing no surprise.
 We wouldn't let him give you one.
 Hey we have one of those!
 An explanation would be nice.
 Ha! I like this guy!
 I'd call it a dick move.
 Yeah I know this was a bad question but I'm thinking giant monstrosities, Mimethulu, etc.
 Yes! Which way did it go?
 ewww
 exactly what it sounds like.
 Among you people maybe.
 Of what? Or do I not want to know?
 That...doesn't make me feel better.
 You don't sound sad about that.
 Oh boo hoo.
Hey, who put this art in the fountain? It can get ruined!
Killing these guys makes me stronger! Feed the rage!
Inside, we start questioning their interior decorator. Also, cute pics of T. Kemper.
 So crazy genes?
 That would be kinda neat.
 Oh. Uhhh, yeah that'd be weird...to suddenly hear voices telling you what to do...hey look over there!
 This place is just a bundle of joy.
 Yes, he is most definitely the one hearing voices and not me.
 Would you believe me if I said I was from the future and that doesn't really work?
 Your bill must be horrendous.
 Anyway matters at hand...
 I get it!
 Why is everyone passive aggressive!
 Sooo Tycho being crazy?
 Killing Mimethulu was fun.
 That doesn't make them crazy it makes them curious.
 Ahh, they like things different than me the horror!
 My character stoutly refuses Anne-Claire's floor.
 Thanks but no thanks
 NO NO ABORT MISSION
Let's run anywhere else!
 What's your secret?
 Well that's ok.
 Whooo new area!

 I see.
 How do I broach that subject? "Hey we're hunting down a giant robot, you want in?"
 Sure, we can rustle up some Daffodils.
 Give me an actual weapon!
 Eh? Is this some kind of zen thingy? I'm not good at those.
 I like it!
 Soon Gabe, soon.
Thank you, Anne-Claire. And since I don't remember how the plot plays out very well, please once again choose our destination. The symposium of science tickle your fancy? Or maybe you would like to put on the ritz?
Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment