Monday, February 11, 2013

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 2 Part 6: Go Go, Power- er, Anne-Claire

 Oh bite me Narrator Guy.
 Yeah we got one right here see?
OH COME ON WE HAVE TICKETS. AND I'LL BE HAPPY WHEN YOU'RE DEAD.
yeah these guys are kinda tough. I didn't figure out their weakness if they have one and they do have a lot of health and can heal.
 I know right!
 Always a possibility.
 Already? Man they work fast.
 Anyway, about the lying...
 Your Tuesdays are better than mine.
 Should we put the laugh out of its misery?
You're bad at surprises.
 Stronger Fruit Fuckers. Also Dr. Blood here has an attack super effective against them.
This lemonade stand had some art hiding in it!
Here we have some pushy salesman, a new enemy. They are weak to basic attacks and heal generally at least once per fight. I found it easier to block their attacks than the big guys' attacks.
I spy with my little eye something beginning with big red button.
 Noooooo
 That's the worst kind of button.
Oh. I can fix it!
Krong why!
Max Level Up!
Art for peanuts!
 So far one busted button and a bad lever. The future is broken.
 Doubtful.
 It's a lever not a Tootsie Pop!
 It's shiny.
 I don't like you're tone mister!
 Fuck yeah!
 Let me admire this wonderful device.
 I'm not failing...right this second...
 Well I have so many options.
 Such...beauty...should've sent...a better poet...
Well that didn't take much.
 Here, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.
Gabe Max Level Up!
 Scrap for the scrap god!
Tycho Max Level Up!
 TEASE!
So checking how many parts were in the area I noticed that the Symposium still had robots.
Look at them all lined up for the picking.
 Aware! Fixing it!
 Me too!
 My weapon must make it very happy.
 A big hearty WELCOME TO THE HOE OF TOMORROW!
 You can punch him, Gabe, it's ok.
So much progress.
Another lemonade stand with a kicking soundtrack. They get the best customers.
 Too late! Relish in the thought!
 How can you tell?
Wait what?
 No wait what? Have you guys held out on me again?
 Clearly.
 Oh hey guys.
Bye guys, thanks for Gabe's bonus!
 Whoops accidentally walked too close to the robot. I was trying to get to the other side to beat up more little guys.
 WELL OK THEN
 Yes, yes.
 I said it was an accident!
I know what to do.
Out of the way small scrap!
 Hello giant plug!
 That's an emergency generator? FAIL
Huzzah, my shinies should work now.
Hey I don't need you to sell me on this lever!
TO TOMORROW!
 STEP AWAY FROM THE BUTTON
Tycho appreciates your efforts to strengthen him.
 Yay!
 Go go train!
 Oh hai people.
 Wheeee!
 That's not a good face.
 ooooooh
 oh.
 whooops
quickly walk away
to the site of the accident.
Holy crap we're solving world hunger!
Sadly I will never be full strength.
AAAAAAAA THE PRONG
 Fruit fuckers.
 Skydivers could if they were bored.
 Oh it's all his fault.
Especially this! His attacks are quite rough. But I had gotten a lot of dynamite before hand.
So a lot of this happened.
Peek-a-boo!
 You're doing it wrong!
 Oh sure.
 But nemeses are supposed to live and bug each other forever. Batman never killed the Joker.
 Oh really?
 What's that? I can't hear you over the enormous weight of the copyright suit headed your way.
 "I'm not indoctrinated at all" said the Cerberus man. The scientist said "I can do my own bidding, I can!'
 So you're the Ebay Sniper!
 I'm sorry what.
 You're plans are bad and you should feel bad!
 YES
 What letter? I CANT GET MAIL BECAUSE YOU RUINED MY MAILBOX TOO
 But it was mine! MINE!
 I am not a tasty snack!
What was your first clue Tycho? The conversation we just had? Or the giant eye lasers?
The robot is weak to special attacks. Just wait until you can. And don't fuck up as much as I did.
YOU BASTARD
 ...what
 Seriously what.
 That is literally my face right now.
 NOT HELPING
 I HAD TO FETCH ALL THAT SHIT FOR THIS
 ...hi
 Punch his face!
 We've established that Tycho.
 Tough Love ups our attack. Gabe is making the comment as Mordo did another System Restore.
 I still suck at blocking.
 Adorabombs is our primary attack. Also there is this creepy doll's voice every time we do anything.
 AWARE TYCHO
 THERE YA HAPPY
 This "Final Hug" is "final" the same way "Final Fantasy" is "final"
 It does lower Mordo's speed.
 ALL THE DAMAGE
 Anne-Claire used Double Slap. It's Super Effective.
 KA-BOOM
 Hooray, I am now the owner of an evil book.
 NO ITS MINE
OK cool, we're still good.
...
I heard some ramble about becoming not-mortal, "the book", blah blah blah
"Hestia"
YOU'RE NOT BATMAN

Sadly, Episode 2 was the last collaboration between Penny Arcade and HotHead. They did good work together and I did like seeing the PA art style in a game. As far as I remember, the split with them was relatively amicable. HotHead went on to make the DeathSpank games. PA later teamed up with Zeboyd for Episode 3.

You act like it's my fault all the pics were tits!

No comments:

Post a Comment