Monday, November 18, 2013

Knights of Pen and Paper Part 1: Adventurers Assemble!

 A brand new game! Published by Paradox and developed by Behold, it's all the old-school tabletop you crave without the trouble of looking for group. I've never played it before so let's hit it!
 Oh good multiple files.
 Here we go.
 Now you see it costs 10 money to add more. We only have five. You could micro transaction your way out of this, but I won't.
 Worth noting is you could buy this guy, but I'll hang onto my gold.
 The exclamation is story, gear is settings, and trunk is inventory.
 Good man!
 So this game is only as hard as I am dumb. Excellent.
 THE ROOM IS MAGIC
 Well one of us could be an assassin. The other is the complete wrong class for that.
 Well that's one way to say "fuck you"
 only 2? Consider it done.
 Too little.
 Too many!
 Let's meet the minimum.
 One short battle later.
 Free heals!
 No we don't! Pay no attention to the crazy!
 "Trust"
 Hell yes.
 SMITE!
 The shop tab in the upper right corner is for meta stuff. We ignore it for now.
 Map!
 Here's the in game shop.
 Flowers gets the medal and the beak, cleric gets the bat wing.
 Hmm, in a bit.
 Ooh.
 Boo travel costing money!
"Intriguing"
 Grinding, travel, camping and actually doing the quest.
 Sounds good.
 I'm not cheating!... yet.
 This'll be easy.
 Sadly, not natural.
 Hitting the shiny stones finds these.
 ONE!?
 Why would I want these?
 Free heals are best heals.
 Not yet.
 Sounds easy enough.
 Yes. Duh.
 Two underwhelming waves later.
 GIANT RAT.
Stop hitting me!
 Buying stuff!
 Oh really?
 Alright fine.
 Sure sounds easy.
 COME AT ME
 I BATHE IN THE BLOOD OF RATS
 All the skills!
 Hey when you gotta go.
 I KNOW WHAT I MUST DO
 YES
 Sure, why not?
 Bat are EATING villagers. That's no bat.
Good thing ours is the fury.
 CAN YOU STEP?
 I MADE A BAT HAT.
 We up Strike and Cleave, two must haves.
 New toys!
 I get worried when GMs say that.
Some equipment arranging later.
 Oh good that gave me four.
 Elites should drop more right?
 BITE ME
 You can only upgrade skills but sometimes they also have other benefits.
 What about more than 1?
 FUCK YOU
 FINE WE'LL DO IT THE LONG WAY.
 Soon I only need one.
 SKILLS!
 What's next?
 Let's be fair, he didn't say where to go.
 I don't like you.
 Do these count?
 The answer was no.
 What?
 I somehow missed a screenshot of the giant bat.
 I AM THE KING OF THE BATS NOW
 Presents?
 Presents!
 Seriously. Stop that. That's creepy.
 Good GM!
 Aww I wanted more.
 I sell off one of the rings.
 Yay hugging!
 Great job.
 Are you a Cylon!?
 Need more things. All the things.
 Hooray potential party adjusting. Sadly we can't interact with any of the suspicious figures.
 Charge!
 Oh look it's the asshole I let live.
 YOU WANNA GO MATE?
 Seven? Oh come on!
 BAD PLAN
 This is manageable.
 Stuff!
 You hush.
I set it all on fire.
 DIBS!
 Wait I didn't heal!
 I take out the guards first as they are far more annoying.
 VICTORY!
 Flowers gets the straw.
 Holy saturation Batman!
 You want the list now or later?
 Fetch Quest!
 I just said that!
 Two count em TWO fetch quests!
 Oh we can go back.
 We aren't though.
 Buy ALL the things!
 That's all the new stuff.
Next time, we start on that fetch quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment