Monday, March 10, 2014

Earthbound Part 13: Diggy Diggy Mole

Last time we made to to Fourside. Let's wander around.
And like every other city, the taxis hate pedestrians. Some things never change.
THAT'S JUST MEAN.
Oh hey guy. You somehow got screen time again.
An alley we can't go down? huh
Oooh a cafe.
I have a funny feeling the sign lied to me.

Well that's creepy. Also this is definitely a bar. Yay boozeahol!
And why wasn't he arrested/fired when the company crumbled?
 I DO WHAT  I WANT BESIDES I HAD COFFEE BEFORE
Lolwut?
SERIOUSLY THATS BEER YOU ARENT FOOLING ANYONE
Big hospital! I didn't go in it this time.
Looked pretty packed to me.
Gee I wonder what's happening here.
DINOSAURS
WHO CARES DINOSAURS
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE. NOTHING IS BETTER THAN THE RUNAWAY FIVE. MAYBE DINOSAURS.
That's and oddly specific statement.
And the bakery!
This bakery has two floors whats upstairs?
Yes that's the solution to that.
And our reward....
is clothes!

So how good are they?
They suck. And you don't need them for anything else.
Oooh looks so big.
...That sounds ominous.
Yeah...
Fun with text glitches.
DINOSAURS!
There's a roof on this building seriously how does he do that?
But DINOSAURS
You're bad at this.
I WANNA GO TO SCARABA.
And here's the Monotoli Building.
Apparently the plot's here.
...No
No no no
Lady I don't care about your ass.
NO. NO NO NO
I REJECT I REJECT
...I'm fucking 9.
AAAUUUGH NO NO NO NO REFUSE REFUSE
FUCK YOU ASSFACE
YOU. ARE. SCUM.
I think that was a pot-shot at economists and politicians. Given recent events, I can't disagree.
BITCH I GO WHERE I WANT
MAKE ME!
...dammit.
I DO WHAT I WANT...You don't have guns do you?
Oh look who else is here.
I know.
Hey dipshit, where's your bee killing wife?
...You're dumb and I hate you.
I'll be back.
Well might as well get some of my joy back.
Hey lady, there was an oddly specific money based comment earlier.
There we go.
Why does everyone enter contracts without a basic understanding of contract law?
GEE I WONDER WHAT THE GAME WANTS ME TO DO
And everyone laughs like an asshole in this town.
Yay someone likes me!
Well I trust you. And I like you guys. So I'll help.
Even the saxophone player gets in on it.
Well way-hey and away we go.
Well damn.
This hole has attracted quite the crowd.
Hey buddy. Gold?
Hey don't worry. I've got this.
These guys aren't trouble. They can poison though.
Ladder down.
IT'S BACK! THE DUCKS ARE BACK!
Gee I wonder if that's one of the mole...
Of course.
Well let's do a little inventory cleaning while we're here.
PHYSICAL SHIELD. THEY HAVE PHYSICAL SHIELD.
DAMMIT TESLA.
Thankfully I solved the problem.
There we go.
And the path leads back to the fork at the beginning. So I go outside and rest.
FUCK YEAH.
And goody buying.
HAIL KRONG. HAIL HELIX. BEAUTIFUL THINGS.
Just a tiny bit of inventory management
Yay?
Maximum HP went up by 1! Maximum PP went up by 1!  Boo.
Well hey!
Yes. Very yes!
This is another of the common enemies down here. They have a lot of health compared to everyone else and can also poison. Because why would this be a nice hole?
Offense went up by 2! Defense went up by 2! Speed went up by 2! IQ went up by 1! Luck went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 2!
Oh hey buddy. I learned your trick.
FREEZE! OMEGA! ONE SHOT ONE KILL
Vitality went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 13!
Recovery inventory management is best inventory management.
Now she should die less!
And the Noose Man is the last common enemy here. He's like the duck in that he can go down in a hit or two but he can solidify you.
Speak of the devils.
However, in large groups they are kinda dangerous.
BUT NOT AT DANGEROUS AS THE DALEKS.
Accidentally going up and down the ladder led me to this fresh hell.
Make up for the hell dungeon.
I accept your apology.
ITS SO CUTE.
And we're back here. This maze loops back on itself and is very easy to navigate.
Noooooo.
Speed went up by 1! IQ went up by 1! Luck went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 1! Maximum PP went up by 4!
You guys don't know how a ranking system works do you?
I have MOOSE DALEK just in case Freeze Omega doesn't one shot them. Problem: solved.
Maximum HP went up by 1!
That was a really weird level.
Guts went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 1!
She had the lowest guts and since that affects health roll I'd rather not have to revive my magic bomb.
Let's explore another branch.
I do not like this branch.
See the thing does work.
Ooooh.
Yeeaaaah need a little help
Yes I had to do this otherwise he would've died. And fuck walking to the hospital.
Sleeping doesn't heal poison.
I DEMAND PIZZA.
Pizza took too long, let's dungeon.
Silly ducks.
Silly ant.
Alright how did you get through the dungeon maze unscathed and I can't walk 10 feet without having something jump at my face.
That pizza is super expensive.
Because it's made of gold. healing gold.
Offense went up by 1! Defense went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 1! Maximum PP went up by 2!
Hello!
Goodbye!
GOODIES!
Offense went up by 2! Defense went up by 1! Vitality went up by 1! Luck went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 14! Maximum PP went up by 1!
Woo!
Offense went up by 2! IQ went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 3!
Yes I just killed three ducks at once.
And I'll do it again too!
Hey, buddy.
Congratulations. Being third wins you a DALEK.
Making INKY's stats suck less.
Oooh!
MOOSE is the winner!
TESLA also gets a present. Sadly, it's a regift.
And that's the dungeon.
STOP FOLLOWING ME
You do that.
I swear someday we'll stop playing Inventory Management and play Earthbound.
But first PIZZA PARTY.
And then we free heal. Next time: Back to Fourside.

No comments:

Post a Comment