Monday, March 24, 2014

Earthbound Part 15: Let's Get This Party Back

We are here.
And we need to be here.
Don't move, they sense fear.
Monkeys!
Yes. Because I bought one in Fourside to go across the bridge/desert faster. And then forgot to eat it.
By the way, can you guess the gimmick of this maze?
Watch out for the wall!
If you guessed before making a bunch of store runs, good news the game is nicer than you thought.
Well I got bad news monkey, the delivery guy was an ass about coming to Fourside.
Why does everyone want my heals!
You can move any day now.
 Oh hey.
Let's see what's in here first.
I don't even.
Yes fine so I never have to do talk to you ever again.
Woo pizza refund.
Dragonite? Well he's pretty powerful but I had a Sylv-wait...this is the 90s...Dragons OP, no nerf. GIVE.
Made, is, same thing.
Where are you getting these?
Well you're in luck.
Unfortunately, we have our bag all full of stuff so we don't have room for the shit.
Congratulations. You win by virtue of I talked to you first.
Tesla gets it for a Defense boost and protection from fire.
And now we have room for the shit.
Dawww. Here you go bud.
What.
So this is probably where I actually need to go huh?
You're a demanding ass. And you're out of luck.
Keikaku means plan.
I AM CANCELING THE MUSH-POCALYPSE.
Victory! Offense went up by 2! Defense went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 1! Maximum PP went up by 2!
Nom nom.
Well bad news. My egg hatched.
Alright what's your story.
Yes please! Clean my inventory!

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS MONKEY.
Wut.
Please clean my inventory.
You too, captain assface.
That's not a pokemon! I've been cheated!
I accept your apology.
SPEED RUN.
Enjoy your salmonella.
to their normal levels. Any changes that had taken place due to PSI and such is neutralized. It also neutralizes all shields (friend or enemy) that were in effect. (Remember, the abilities that I am talking about are Offense, Defense, Guts, etc.) ITS A SUPER SHIELD KILLER WITH BONUS EFFECTS.
Heals! BUT MY INVENTORY IS FULL.
That's right I remembered you.
A thing for TESLA to fix!
There we go.
What a cute little monkey.
WELL LOOK WHATS HERE. VINDICATION FOR CARRYING THAT THING AROUND.
I wanna float like that.
How nice. Let me see the loot.
WOO INSTA RAMEN
What's that?
YES YES YES YES
So that bullshit in ten years is still gonna happen? Then why am I playing? Or is it only pre-determined so far along and then I can fuck it all up?
Oh yeah, when's that last guy gonna show up? I practically forgot about him.
No. Not really. I got me saving the world but there was a bunch of bullshit in there.
10 steps ahead of you.
Oh right! I had to come here for plot purposes!
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
Are you just king of the monkeys?
YES YES YES YES
Can't you teleport me to outside?
Bubberfly1
One long trek later.
Heh.
BECAUSE HEAVEN FORBID I CANT BACKTRACK
They make this sound easy. I will prove them wrong in a bit.
Cutscene where are we going?
Oh no where.
Here's our current menu.
Here we are.
Drop a save.
Save this for later.
And teleport over here.
Because guess what I remembered.
Happiness is a new bat.
I also grab INKY's upgrade.
Dammit.
Yes.
There's the plot.
Please no.
I heard you the first time.
Yes?
Ignore the TESLA in my pocket.
Umm, Sic semper *cough*
Ummm, Klaatu Barata *cough*
That wasn't the code.
That wasn't so bad.
At all.
OH GOOD. ANOTHER MAZE. BECAUSE I HAVENT HAD ENOUGH OF THOSE.
Up up down down left right left right B A select start.
Dammit. AND WHO TAUGHT THE ROOMBAS TO TALK TO EACH OTHER.
Roomba domination! Offense went up by 1! Defense went up by 1! Speed went up by 2! Oh, baby! Guts went up by 3! Oh, baby! IQ went up by 3! Luck went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 1! So good.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start?
No.
Justin Bailey?
Hey!
Justin Bailey!
This is fantastic.
And look who won the stat boost.
Yum yum.
Alright now what's up here?
PINK. PINK EVERYWHERE.
Blugh.
HAHAHAHA
DID HE HURT YOU?
Well guess who's about 30 HP down?
Surprisingly didn't cause hime to vomit.
Awww, that looks cute.
Uh what?
I LEARNED MY LESSON FROM THE MOLES.
Now now don't hug so tight little guy.
And that's the worst he did until...
Badassery happened!
That was the easiest 16189 exp. I've ever made.
Woo level! Offense went up by 1! Defense went up by 1! Vitality went up by 1! Maximum HP went up by 14!
Hey guys!
Don't worry guys, I've got it from here. And I have a score to settle.
He then literally cowers behind INKY.
Are you really? Because I'm not opposed to a hit or two.
I HAVE A TOTALLY-NOT-DRUGS PLACE THAT SAYS OTHERWISE.
...Fiiiine.
Are you actually sorry or just sorry you got caught?
Yes she is. And she's the only reason I'm not hitting you.
BITCH YOU DONT TELL HER WHAT TO DO
Yes?
I figured that out!
And I think you've ruined all the coffee/beer for some time asshole!
How long did it take for you to realize there were talking about a 9 year old and not an animal?
Gee, I wonder what the plot is.
What's the fastest way to get there.
Yes I see so let me just go-
I'M NOT AN IDIOT.
Please. Stop. Talking.
I FORGIVE YOU SHOW ME CHOPPER
He blocks the door before he can open the door out. That's clever.
You sure you don't want to set him on fire for old time's sake?
Neat!
Why are the motors running?
Where is it going!?
YOU MOTHERFUCKER
Super Douche: I'm getting outta here! Since Monotoli has become a plain, old man again, I have no more use for him. This helicopter will really come in handy. 
I am going to murder him so hard.
YOU OWE ME A CHOPPER.
Really? BECAUSE I HOPE HE CRASHES. IN THE OCEAN. NEAR SHARKS.
Do you need to lie down? Eat a picnic? I also have brain food?
Sigh. Let's go catch the bus.
Um, yeah?
EEEEEEHEHEHE
While we're here.
Fricking backtracking.
Oh hey buddy!
OK how do?
Last I knew he was in Winters.
Hooray helpful plot advancement.
Sure the Runaway Five are pretty chill.
Eh? Not what I said game.
Don't say it, he can still punch us.
Pokey's dad is gone.
Ringing? But Apple Kid just called.
Oh hey! Are you actually relevant now.
Nope. Not at all.
That's right we can't do anything else right now.
Let's jam!
And that feels amazing.
I feel nostalgic already.
Plot said so.
HHmmmm...OH!
Thanks bud!
Next time: We get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment