Monday, December 24, 2012

On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Part 3: Sequence Breaking for Fun and Profit

Last time I got we got a ticket. And I wanna play games!

 We're kinda like family.
 Hey, nobody insults my partners like that!
 Fuck you too.
 Hmmm...
 Hmmm!
 He's so happy about that prospect.
 Progress!
 That whole conversation is owwie.

 Hello, odd sir.
 Can I have the coat?
 Can you do the balloon seller?
 YOU CAN TALK!
 I'm perfectly sane...ish...
 Seriously, am I the only competent person here.
 Why are you running?
 Wait what.
 I dont suppose you have some invisible glasses so I can see your invisible shit?
 I'd be a smartass, but this guy isn't as bad as others.
 Gabe, you ruined my joke.
 This is the order it the conversation happened. Yes it is weird.
 Shocking!
 I met a mime once. He didn't tell me about any dark god. I got cheated!
 There are forms?
 It sounds so peaceful. But I like making sound on occasion so I'll pass.
 Much madness does the Ernest Hemingway hide.
 That doesn't sound like it applies to mimes. It sounds like it summons wombats.
 Suddenly, cutscene!
 Hello there.
 Indiana Mime?
 That looks like a nice bag. Where'd you get it?
 "Look what I found in the bargain bin!"
 Aw, that was rather nice of him to return it.
 WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE DID YOU COME FROM
 You did?
 Oh no, that was this past friday.
 Me too.
 Not really.
 I think me and Tycho are both assuming "cursed idol" is a nickname for bong.
 Uh-huh...
Teach me how to wave like that.
 Dammit T. Kemper. And meet a new enemy the clown. They are impervious to Team Ups which is a bit obnoxious.
They aren't immune to Anne-Claire's Flame thrower. Attagirl.
Their unique drop is this. Very useful.

 Over here is the red token game.
The trick here is you have to aim above the balloons as they float from bottom to top. More valuable ones are smaller. The vendor also makes a funny face if you stick him with a dart.

Continuing on we find a new tougher brand of robot. They are resistant to firearms. I do not like them at all.
 After much grief...
Tycho Power Up!
Moar art!
 More robots leads to more power.
Final Power Up!
Dammit T. Kemper. Also see the mimes are real! These mimes are impervious to special attacks, but weak against basic attacks.
 Mime power.
Gabe Final Power Up!

 What is this?
 You mean that thing you get in your eyes?
 Boo.
 oooh
 I like how my character looks guilty.
 Tycho Erasmus Brahe occasionally likes to refer to himself in the third person.
 Hmm, option 2 sounds the spookiest.
 Well that is spooky.
 Following instructions is for other people!
 Its the splash attack of magic chants.
 Progress?
 No progress.
 Hey that's what the narrator said earlier.
 Yes!
 No!
 Shit!
 Well glad I could help.
 Aw, thanks.
 Well I could stand here longer making nothing happen or I could play carnival games.
To the left of doom gate is skee ball. The trick it don't try for the 1000s. As long as you get one 500 you get a token.

 Ha! Take that robots!
Final Tycho Power Up!
 Beating up mimes for fun and profit.
 Hooray one of the things.
MOAR ART!
And here we have the last game. Its milk bottles. There are three sets of six you need 12. This is actually the easiest one.
 Hey whats that thing over there?
 Are they rare?
 Can I have your degree?
 Strap in folks.
 Those are very fun facts.
 My thesis was on Barthes and video games. I don't like talking about one of those.
 Disembodied text what?
 The disembodied text talks more than Tycho.
 Sneaky bastards
Do you want to play with the tube?
 Tycho was so excited to play with his toy, and you just had to break it!
Gabe does not ship it.
 And there's a creepy doll...
To the left of her is this merry band of fellows. The Quartet each have a different weakness and resistance. I never remember which is which.
 More things to collect? sigh.
 Sadly it seems not.

 Hey mime guy I have your rope.
 Why is there no give him his rope option.
 They don't look friendly.
 Fan-fucking-tastic.

 Hey robo-man. I have tokens for you.
 Gimme toy.
 uhhhh...
 hahaha. Roll subterfuge.
 I have all the sanity in this town. All of it.
 Say bye-bye little wheel.
 I want a flugelhorn!
Flee! Flee with the flugelhorn!
"selection"
Vroom-vroom.

Stopping by Anne-Claire's, Tycho's gun gets an upgrade and we max out Gabe's punching.

 Let's take stuff to the pee doctor.
 Suddenly, Cutscene!
 Judging from the abruptness of cutscene and how the game wanted to start two cutscenes at once, I think I was supposed to do this first. Whoops.
 That's weird. As the normal person in the group, that's weird.
 But first...
 He's like a kid on Christmas.
 whyyyyyyy
 I hate both of you.
 WHICH ONE OF YOU IS A VENTRILOQUIST BECAUSE I DIDN'T SAY THAT
 stop
 just stop
 stopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstop
 I'm sorry
 I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry
 No it isn't, it's just sad.
 Have what?
 I don't want it.
 Garbage. It is garbage.
 No.
I hate everything.

Well after fighting hobos, we can finally enter the Shithole.

We must decontaminate this art!
 Weird. Not right. Strange. Fucked up. These are better words.
 That's...an answer.
 And there goes my appetite.
 Smooth.
 No?
 Do not want.
Alright.
Door #1
 It's a fixer-upper. Potentially. Maybe
Door #2
 Found the coyote!
Door #3
FUCK THIS ABORT MISSION SLEEPING ON ANNE-CLAIRE'S FLOOR

 Yeah where he is, I should tell him he has more than a coyote problem.
 Door #4
 Well damn.
 Dammit Gabe now we can't be ninjas!
Next time, Gabe. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment