Monday, July 1, 2013

Super Mario RPG 4: Mountain or Molehill

 We left off here in this inn after stealing a child's toy that came to life. It makes perfect sense.
 Sounds like plot.
 Let's make a pit stop first.
 FroggieDrinks and Elixers for everyone!
 Fiiine.
 Oooh shiny!
 FIERY DOOM IS NOT SHINY
 So I got to the first pillar and somehow missed my jump.
 And now I can't get back.
 I won't forget this pipe vault. I'll be back.
 Item store!
 There's the plot!
 I buy some armor for Geno because he has none.
 Happy defense stats.
 Well hey we're getting all the plots.
 Man I'm kicking their ass. No wonder you guys never beat me.
 LOOOOL
 Not you this game.
 They walk right by us. Thankfully they are all nearsighted.
 This mole up here is moving her arms in a fashion that tells me she's currently seizing. Let us provide medical assistance.
 Sure thing lady.
 Suddenly, second seizure mole!
 OK, I'm just gonna head in here.
 More seizure moles!
 Go find a goddamn ladder.
 Ahem.
 Yes citizen, it is I. Super Mario. I have heard your plight.
 Stand back and allow me to save the day!
 Thank you for you're help citizen. Now go figure out how to make ladders.
 This is rather dark.
 New enemies this area. The thing here is that the rocks are resistant to regular attacks and the fire ball is resistant to special attacks. They are weak to the other type of attack. The bob-omb does exactly what you think it does.
 The crystals are like the rock creatures but also have an ability that can knock a party member down to 1 HP. Kill them first and fast.
 I like the sounds of that.
 Hey sounds like you want to do work for me. I'll happily go on to the plot.
 Follow the green arrow road.
 What's this here for?
 To knock me out. Jerk.
 YOU
 YOU'RE A DEAD LIZARD.
 Mario why aren't we punching him?
 Woo grinding!
 GET BACK HERE
 The Flunkies start falling behind therefore are ripe for the picking.
 I will take it!
 Number 2 is down.
 And there's the last one.
 Thanks for the level up!
 I accidentally got lost and somehow not lost.
 Yeah be right back.
 Oh I guess bob-ombs don't count. Fiiine.
 Well now that everyone is super strong I feel safe taking on Croco.
 And there he is. He has no discernible weakness so this is really an endurance fight.
 Part way through he does the worst. possible. thing.
 CROCO DIES NOW
 It's a good day to be Mario.
 Yeah just let me heal first. I know "boss room" when I hear it.
 You have no idea how many explosions I've witnessed today.
 Mario: Smartest hero ever.
 There are only bob-ombs in this area.
 Nothing an invincibility star can't handle!
 Platforming: just in case you forgot you were playing Mario.
 Woo coins!
 That's a lot of potential explosions.
 NOBODY INVITED YOU CRYSTALS.
 Ah, a save point and a mushroom in a box.
 Teeeaaase.
 Yep. Boss room.
 That's a dumb name.
 hot-head
 Yeah I guess I would because I'm the super famous Super Mario.
 Aw we haven't even beat you yet no need for that.
 His first phase drops these mini bob-ombs that go down in one hit.
 Let's not and say we did.
 Regular bob-ombs, down in one or two hits. Continue to concentrate on Punchnuts.
 OH KRONG HE'S PART OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR. PLEASE DONT LET ME BE IN THE STUPID PART OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE.
 Giant bob-oms. Yaaaaay. <Sarcasm self-test complete>
 You can start saying good bye now.
 You're dead, big difference.
 Oh come now, there's always options. Like just leaving.
 Mallow don't test the crazy.
 See we can all just walk out of here and let bygones be bygones.
 Geno, you aren't helping.
 Now look what you assholes did!
 I'M SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS AND I HATE ALL OF YOU
 SHUT UP CLOUD BOY THIS IS YOUR FAULT
 IT'S YOUR FAULT TOO DIPSHIT
MALLOW START CRYING. I CAN HURL INSULTS AT YOU IF IT HELPS.
 Well this has been a fun LP.
 Holy shit, not dead, woo!
 A giant bob-omb. Duh.
 From all I can tell all we did to anything was make it a little sooty. Because physics can suck it.
 Oh right the plot.
 Aw the star gave us a bath.
 I think that's the shortest time between two pieces yet. Can we keep this trend up?
 Oh there was a new hole in the back. And it leads us right where we need to be.
 Sure thing.
 Yeah it does sound kinda nice.
 HOLY 3D BATMAN
 Back at seizure mole HQ...
 Yeah about that
 wheeeeeee
 Super Mario can break all the rules!
 How is a baby saying "Mama" and "Papa" equal senseless? He sounds alright to me..
 BOW BEFORE ME MORTALS.
 Can you install a better security system around the Mushroom Kingdom?
 I'm sure we'll find her.
 Well hey there buddy.
 Well Mr Beetle here has free will and therefore can chose who he hangs out with.
 Hold down A and then light push on the circle pad. That's how you creep up on bugs.
 I'm in Skyward Sword!?
 Hey Mr. Beetle. I bet 10 coins you can out run them.
 So long suckers!
 K later.
 Thanks for directions. But I'm gonna look around a bit more.
 Excellent you did all the hard work for me!
 No thanks I need to stop at this other shop first.
 Too bad for you.
 UPGRADES
Next time, I will not be going there. Nope nope nope. We will however hopefully find a princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment