Monday, July 8, 2013

Super Mario RPG Part 5: Now We Can Get Married, Married, Married!

We left off here in Molemania.
And we're given plot leads about this Booster fellow.
HIS PASS IS FULL OF SENTIENT FOOD RUN FOR YOUR LIVES
mmmm artichokes...
In the second half you can come over here to replenish your magic.
And in that little space there is a button
TO CRUSH ENEMIES MWAHAHA
Tower. Definitely means dungeon but it could be a fun dungeon.
Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Bowser.
Hey.
Pretty good. You?
Saving the princess, the usual. What about you?
Panning shot of the tower, confirming it is a tall object.
Yes it is. Like every other game.
Yeah good luck with that. Also I see you creeper.
Why would I be anywhere else? And how was your fortress?
Hey thanks! You can go now.
Hmm well actually.
Quiet there subtitle.
So you can only have three members fighting for you but since experience isn't individualized the non-fighting member still levels up.
Well hi. Did you get your beetle?
I'll take option 2.
Accidentally didn't get the Snifit fight but there are three of them. Here's the usual baddies. They are a fan of draining and crystalling.
Geno can now boost himself, making him especially useful in long fights.
There is also a staff who is weak to magic and goes down in one hit.
Pay attention to the order of portraits here. Please also note the creeper.
Amusement isn't supposed to hurt.
I can help with that if you'd just show me the way.
What is wrong with you?
Not a way forward just bonus XP.
And a way to show Bowser being awesome.
Today is a good day.
Yay upwards.
Upwards is full of bombs.
Booster goes down the left path. We'll come back to that other path at a later time.
Oooh progress button?
No but I want to check it out anyway!
But first Easter Egg!
Sadly it's just for this room.
Anyway this appears.
And the important thing of note here is a Kerokacola. A really good healing item.
AND ALL THE LEVELS
Anyway back to booster. After a bit of running platforming and me finally remembering there is a run button we get to this guy.
He's easy.
More explosions.
See I told you it was important.
Ew.
She just tried to bite my ankle off.
I present to you, coolest weapon ever.
Why do I have to manually equip this?
Time for a video game physics lesson.
Now we're higher!
Suddenlty, ROBOTS
And dickbag podaboos
I WANNA RIDE THE TRAIN
Uh, sure?
well you see...
NO! No more bombs!
So long creep.
Ladies and gentllemen, he has Toadstool and Mario dolls and he has recognized neither of us. Booster, Greatest Idiot in All the Land.
I do not like the sound of this game.
I vote nay.
How do you know about marriage but not parties?
...YOU HAVE A GIANT MOUTH IT SHOULD BE THE EASIEST THING FOR YOU
You know weddings have rehearsals but not about parties. Sigh.
Is that my cue to punch you?
Now begins the Snifits looking behind the curtains.
It starts with one.
Then two look at once.
Then three.
And if you fail...
You start over from 1. And it's a pain in the ass.
You are so dumb.
...A blind idiot! How good for me!
Geez I didn't mean to make the idiot cry. Here I'll get it.
So many stat boosts!
Alright that's easy to remember.
The one Snifit has eyes but does nothing.
Chase sequence time?
No boss time.
So many puns... Anyway I recommned you concentrate on the Grate guy as he casts a lot of debuffs.
Phase 2. Stick to the Grate Guy.
Money for days!
Today is an excellent day.
Mario just jumped from that platform to the ground. Mario mocks the idea of fall damage.
...Every part of that text box is painful
Cake? Cake. Caaaaake. Cake!
I'm coming, I'm coming.
YES YOU DID YOU JUST SAID YOU WANTED TO PREPARE FOR ME.
Am I invited to the rehearsal?
Suuuure.
Minigame time already?
One longer than necessary sequence later.
Sounds pleasant.
Wow you're being generous to the creep.
Thanks citizen
What's that? Go through the back door? Sure thing!
I regret nothing!
*boing*
Ha ha!
Sure I'll go see the princess.
But it's dramatic!
Why aren't we walking forward?
Yes he needs our help too. But let's not rub that in right now.
You dropped her! You're a dead man!
That's clearly on your head.
...HOW DUMB ARE YOU
Very good Booster.
...I am out of words for you
Yeah about that.

I am a fan of good things!
Yes, yes I am.
Eeyup.
Helping! We're going karting next weekend, wanna come?
Today is the best day.
Today is the worst day.
I WILL NEVER BE CLEAN
Yeah we all know he sucks at governing.
I did it 35 seconds ago.
Yeah?
Yeah it was kinda a forced marriage and those are bad.
Actually there's another couple outside. Or you can just give it to us.
So the turtles are immune to damage so focus on the cake.
That sounds like bad news.

Sound logic.
Each attack blows out one candle.
And this fixes at least one candle.
And can kill you.
Success.
Go for it guys!
Suddenly, Skyward Sword.
So fucking dumb...
So many innuendoes...
ITS FOOD ITS NOT THAT HARD
Nooo...
And thus we never actually fight Booster. Which is fine by me.
Well we are in a chapel.
Will do.
Yeah sure but I don't recommend the cake.
They leave the door open.
And we can officiate the wedding. What a beautiful day.
Next time, we'll clean up a couple odd and ends and get the princess home.

No comments:

Post a Comment